Activities: Arts and Crafts
Paper Plate Kite
First, click below to choose your special design for your kite, which you can cut out and color.
What You'll Need:
- Large white paper plate
- Paper punch
- Ribbon, yarn, or string
What to Do:
- Glue your Lion or Ladybug picture on to the back part of the paper plate.
- Punch one hole at the top of the plate, one at the bottom, and one on each side.
- Measure 4 pieces of string, about 14 inches long each.
- Tie an end of one string through a hole and knot tightly. Repeat with the other strings, tying one string in each hole.
- Tie the ends of the 4 strings together above the front of the plate.
- Tie a 12 inch piece of yarn to this knot. You will hold onto this piece while you fly the kite.
- Cut 4 streamers around 15 inches long. Staple a streamer to each hole in the plate.
- Go fly your kite!